Saturday, February 2, 2008

day 2--first day of exploring...

highlight of the day: going grocery shopping and hearing Zac Efron from HSM2 come on the radio singing "Bet on it". I wish Sallie could have been there.

We met a girl from London(Claire) who will be volunteering with us at Crecer Con Amor (http://www.crecerconamor.org/). The three of us walked around and explored the neighborhood a bit. We walked through the "hippie fair" which is set up in a park about 3 blocks from our apartment every weekend. They had lots of really cool art and jewelry...I was tempted to act like a tourist and buy a bunch of trinkets, but I exercised some self-control;)

I can tell already that city life is going to be a challenge...way out of our comfort zone...but I am confident that the Lord will give us the patience and strength to navigate this new place.

Also (this note is for Dad--who doubts my ability to speak Spanish), i think i have spoken more spanish in the past two days than in a full semester of college spanish. It's difficult, but I think I'm going to learn fast. Everyone I have met so far is so helpful and encouraging as I try to communicate.

Thank you for continuing to pray for us. We love y'all.

-Caitlin

5 comments:

Elisa Rose said...

Quiero oir MAS! Pero esta bien, tengo patiencia... pienso. me entienden? Yo se que uds pueden. Mira! uso yo uds, no vosotros! Es para vosotros.... digo (I mean) uds... jajaja. Estoy muy contenta para "uds" ...
bueno, se quiero y muchos besitos! xoxo

Elisa Rose said...

y tambien... crecer con amor parece HIPER GUAY... (super cool)

Katie said...

Ok so this isn't in spanish like ELISA (what a baller). I LOVE YOU and am excited that you'll be near a hippie fair every weekend. That's awesome. hahaha hey speaking of hippies, I feel like one today b/c I'm wearing my hippie skirt that looks like it's from Guatemala even though I got it at the mall :) Just so you know...

Hey, open your first letter tomorrow! yay! I have been praying for your safety. I love you and Darrah SO MUCH!

Unknown said...

It's so great to hear from you girls! I'm so glad you made it safely and I can't wait to keep in touch through the blog! I will definately be praying for you! I love you!

Hannah

Elisa Rose said...

voy a hablar con vosotros en espanol... jajaja. Y tambien necesito a tu direction.