Friday, February 15, 2008

week two...

This week…
-My Mom turned 50 (and still doesn’t look a day over 35)
-We started our intensive Spanish course
-I had the revelation that there is no such thing as a to-go cup in this country…Starbucks would not survive here. Shocking, I know.
-We finished our first full week at Crecer Con Amor where I played pick-up sticks and did long division for the first time in about 13 years
-Bought our first (legal) bottle of wine to take to a party
-Celebrated El Día de San Valentín

Here’s some truth the Lord has been showing me today:

“So whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” (1 Corinthians 10:31

“To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” (Colossians 1:27)

“The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his Word.” (Hebrews 1:3)

“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

I want to fix my eyes on the unseen glory of the Lord. God is making me more and more convinced that his glory is the only thing worth living for. It’s only been two weeks and already God has done huge things in me and Darrah. I know he will continue to work in our hearts.

Love y'all!

3 comments:

cheryl said...

Thanks Boog, for that public service announcement about my age. Now you really ARE being funny.
Long division, huh? Now, no tears when you can't keep your columns straight. I'll mail you a calculator in case you want to tackle some multiplication with the kids.
Post some photos!

cheryl said...

Oh, one more thing...

“So whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Careful with the vino, chicas.

Mom

Unknown said...

hey girls!! I love reading the blog. David and I just got back from the ski retreat....we misses yall, but was excited to hear yall are doing well in Argentina. Thanks also for the emails. P.S if you want your coffee to go just ask for it "para llevar" that means to go. I would do that a lot and they seemed to understand :)
i love yall! when can we skype?